21 Apr Emergency Cash Assistance – TN Department of Human Services
The Emergency Cash Assistance provides two monthly cash payments to families that were employed as of March 11, 2020 and have lost a job or lost at least 50% of their earned income due to the COVID-19 emergency. This money is funded by the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program and provides:
- $500 for a household of 1 to 2 persons.
- $750 for a household of 3 to 4 persons.
- $1000 for a household with 5 or more persons.
To be eligible, families must have been employed as of March 11, 2020 but have since then lost employment or at least 50% of their earned income due to the COVID-19 emergency, include a child under the age of 18 or a pregnant woman, have a valid Social Security Number, must not have resources exceeding $2000, and the gross and/or unearned monthly income may not exceed 85% of the State’s Median Income that’s currently:
- Gross Monthly Income of $2,696 for a household of one.
- Gross Monthly Income of $3,526 for a household of two.
- Gross Monthly Income of $4,356 for a household of three.
- Gross Monthly Income of $5,185 for a household of four.
- Gross Monthly Income of $6,015 for a household of five.